Meet the Board of Directors
Donovan Husat serves as a founder and co-president of the Baldwin-Buss House Foundation. A native of Hudson and a graduate of Western Reserve Academy, he held human resources and corporate communications positions with The BFGoodrich Company for 31 years. Thereafter, he established his own consulting firm, serving several major corporations in northeast Ohio.
During his career and following his retirement, Don dedicated his time to a variety of volunteer endeavors, serving on the boards of WRA, his college alma mater Washington and Lee University, the Akron Civic Theater, the American Diabetes Association and Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church. In 2015, at the request of Western Reserve Academy, he authored Alienus Advenisti: Western Reserve Academy in the Flanagan Era. Don also served nine years on the board of Hudson Heritage Association, three of those years as president / co-president.
Don is married to Vacelia and is the father of two adult children and the grandfather of two.
Inga Walker is a founder and co-president of the Baldwin-Buss House Foundation. As past Hudson Heritage Association Co-President and Board member, Inga led the charge to save the Baldwin Buss House with Don Husat and Kathy Russell in 2018. Inga brings with her extensive knowledge in historic preservation and design with experience in many projects for Western Reserve Academy. She was the lead designer/historic preservationist for President’s House in 2017. Inga has done multiple projects for Old Trail School, including the renovation of the library and Head of School’s Office. She has also completed many residential design projects with a focus on historic homes.
Inga graduated from Western Reserve Academy, and she has a B.A. in Cultural Anthropology from Mount Holyoke College and a M.A. in Art Education from Columbia University, Teachers College. She also completed programs with the School for International Training (SIT) in Belize and Australia.
Inga lives in the Porter-Gaylord House in Hudson, built by Simeon Porter in 1835, with her husband and two children.
Kathy’s interest in historic preservation began 25 years ago when she and her husband purchased an 1824 Federal home and began to restore it. Learning and listening to experts, hands on experience, and a library of reference books gave birth to a passion that has only grown with time. She is currently pursuing her Master’s Degree in Historic Preservation at Ursuline College.
A native of Michigan, Kathy graduated with a BA in Socioeconomics and a BS in Public Affairs Management from James Madison College at Michigan State University. She moved to Cleveland while working for Eaton Corporation before joining McDonald and Company Securities, a regional brokerage firm, as an investment advisor. In 2004 she joined the family-owned business and served as Secretary and Treasurer of Russell Equipment Company for twelve years.
Actively involved in the Hudson community for over 35 years, Kathy has held various volunteer and leadership roles. Organizations include Case-Barlow Farm, Ride the Rainbow, Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, Hudson Blossom Women's Committee, Hudson Garden Club, Ballet Under the Stars, and Pioneer Women of Western Reserve Academy. Most recently she serves as co-president of Hudson Heritage Association and as a founding member of the Baldwin-Buss House Foundation.
Hudson native Katie Coulton attributes everything she knows to those who, as she grew up, volunteered their time and talent to make Hudson the special place that it is today. She spent her life on Main Street at the Grey Colt, the retail business that her family, and later she, owned for 60 years.
When not at her store, she was serving the community in other ways. Katie served three terms over three decades as a member of the Hudson Heritage Association Board of Directors. She also served as a member of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals for 10 years as the Village of Hudson grew to become the City of Hudson.
With a passion for historic preservation and unafraid of a challenge, in the early ‘80s she bought the 1834 Grissom farmhouse on Hudson Aurora Road for one dollar. To make way for the new Hudson High School building, she moved the house into town and restored it as her residence. Retiring as a business woman in 2018, Katie now enjoys global travel, and as a member of the Baldwin-Buss House Foundation Board, she has again dedicated herself to the restoration and preservation of another Hudson residential landmark.
John P. Debo, Jr., a native of Detroit, studied at the University of Michigan, where in 1971 he received a B.A. in Political Science. He received a Masters in Regional Planning from the University of Massachusetts in 1973. John began work with the National Park Service (NPS) at Acadia National Park in 1976. Over the course of a 33 year career with the NPS he subsequently held positions at Fire Island National Seashore, Lowell National Historical Park, NPS headquarters in Washington D.C., Boston National Historical Park, and most recently he served for 21 years as Superintendent of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, from 1988 to 2009. In August 2009 Mr. he assumed the position of Chief Development Officer for the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park, where he led fundraising for the Conservancy and projects in support of the mission of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. He retired from the Conservancy effective January 3, 2020. Mr. Debo has served on the boards of Old Trail School, the Cleveland Restoration Society, and has roles in historic preservation projects including Faneuil Hall, the Charlestown Navy Yard, and numerous structures in Lowell National Historical Park and Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
Pat came to Hudson nearly 50 years ago, and has been active in historic preservation and downtown revitalization. She was co-chair of the Downtown Improvement District Commission which spearheaded the First and Main addition to Hudson’s historic Downtown, and an active board member of Hudson Heritage. She served on the Architectural Board of Review for 14 years, and was a founding member of the Case-Barlow Farm board.
She was an early trustee of the Cleveland Restoration Society and was active in the effort to restore the 19th-century mansion that became its headquarters. In 1997 she was elected to the board of the Ohio Historical Society, where she served as chair of the Physical Structures Committee which oversaw the Society’s 58 historic sites. She was president of the OHS board in 2005 and 2006. For 8 years she was a trustee of the Victorian Society in America and its Vice President.
Before moving to Hudson, Pat was curator of Acorn Hall, a Victorian house museum and headquarters of the Morris County, NJ, Historical Society. She has a degree in American Civilization from Mills College and graduate study in the Restoration and Preservation Program at Columbia University’s School of Architecture.
Mary Lohman moved to Hudson in 1999 and has only become more enamored of the town's history, charm and beauty with each passing year. After working in Arizona for the Department of Defense and in Chicago for a multinational computer software company, Mary returned to northeast Ohio where she spent 25 years serving in various roles for Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons, including Executive Director, Director of Marketing and Elective Surgeries, and Consultant.
Mary has served on numerous boards and been involved in many volunteer entities including President of the Hudson Montessori School Board, President of the Pioneer Women's Association at Western Reserve Academy, WRA Trustee, the Akron Garden Club Board, Zone X Conservation Representative for the Garden Club of America, The Grants Committee for 100 Women Strong and the Kent Classic Arts Association, to name a few.
Mary and her husband, Larry, recently purchased the Whedon-Farwell House, built in 1826 by Lemuel Porter.